Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Morning Pilates

Okay so a few friends of mine and myself started this 'diet' called The Game On! Diet a few weeks ago. It involves eating 5, yes 5!, meals a day consisting of a fruit, veggie, protein, carb and healthy fat, drinking lots of water, sleeping 7 hrs a night and 20 minutes of exercise a day. You get one 'cheat' day where you can eat/drink whatever you want- basically throw all the rules out the window.

I have never stuck with a diet for more than 1 day- but so far this one isn't to unbearable. The hardest part for me was cutting out pop 6 days a week. First few days I was Miserable- but now I've totally gotten used to it and it isn't so bad. I have Drew on the diet as well and in two weeks he has lost almost 15 lbs!!! Me on the other hand...I think I have lost 3, Maybe 4. But still, I'll take 4 lbs since my goal is 10 lbs total. Anyway, a friend of mine and I have been trying to do some pilates when we get the chance, just a 20 min. video but still- its tough! Today we decided to go to the gym and try out a 75 minute pilates class. It was ridiculous! The way these women (and two men) could bend, twist and stretch their bodies was nuts- but so inspiring! It was physically the hardest thing I have ever done (besides pushing out a 9 lb baby) but afterwards I felt Amazing. Energized. Refreshed. ALIVE! Even though Im sure I made a complete fool out of myself attempting to do pilates next to people who have been doing it forever, I will definitely be doing that again. If I can become even half as flexible as them it will be a success.

After pilates I came back and made fudge brownies...I know right? And this 'diet' wont allow me to eat one, but I made them for a friends birthday and let's face it, I will be eating one, if not 3 of those later. But after 75 minutes of pilates I think I deserve a warm, fudge brownie.

No comments:

Post a Comment