Saturday, January 16, 2010

Here we go!

I have decided to start a blog- for several reasons. 1. One of my favorite things to do is read other blogs, blogs from around the world. I find it fascinating! It's true- I don't have anything super fascinating to write about at this point in my life, but I'm giving it a shot anyway. and 2. I just like to write. For years (jr. high and highschool) and used to keep a journal that I would write in whenever I felt like it, but then a close friend passed away and I couldn't write anymore. I couldn't write about what happened or how I felt, because I was devastated and putting it on paper just seemed to make it even more real and painful. I tried several times and never got farther than a few words before the tears would come. I decided that if I couldn't write about it/him, than I wasn't going to continue to write because there was now way I could continue to write about my life/feelings and leave such a huge, life changing event out of it. So I quit. I recently found those journals when going through boxes from stuff my mom packed up in my old room and it was just an experience reading through those journals again. Oh the memories they brought back. So that is why I'm going to give this a shot again- so I can come back here possibly years from now and the words I write here will bring back tons of memories.

I'm sure the number one thing I will be writing about is my amazing, wild and crazy, super sweet and extremely active two year old son Jasper (who is currently napping or this would never happen)

I will also try to post pics of the little man regularly in case I decide to send this blog to family members far away (all live 700 miles away or farther from us) so they can see how much he changes on a regular basis.

Well since the little man is napping its time to tackle, laundry,dishes, etc. Or maybe I will just relax with an ice cold Mt. Dew and catch up on some of my favorite blogs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment